Saturday, November 19, 2011

Grandpa

So, the holidays are fast approaching.  It has been awhile since I have shared anything and so I thought that I would rant.  My Grandpa passed away, he had prostate cancer.  I knew that he was ill and was able to make a trip to see him.  But, then he passed away and I found out be reading it on Facebook....yes on Facebook.  No phone call, no email, no text....I read it on my cousins post.  She thanked everyone for their prayers and wanted her friends to know that he had went to be with the Lord several hours earlier.  How can people be so cruel? Then I debated on going to the funeral and finally decided that I would.  Driving to the funeral which was an hour away, we get pulled over and get a ticket and that puts us behind schedule and then we have a blow out.  By the time we get the tire fixed and get to the funeral it is long over with. So, I feel bad that we missed the funeral, but part of me wonders if it is a blessing in disguise.  I ws just not in a position to deal with the drama that could have been between my Uncle and My Husband and I.  So, when we had the blow out I took it as a sign that it was not meant to be...Does this make me a bad person?  Or am I just finally learning to stand up for myself a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment