Friday, December 30, 2011

Little Orphan Heather

I need a fatherly hug.  One that makes you feel like a little girl again and that you are safe only the way you feel wrapped in your daddy's arms.  The thing is, I will never get another Daddy hug again.  This really bothers me.  My Dad passed away a little over 5 years ago and it still hurts.  I am sad, but not for him.  He is in a better place and is no longer suffering like he did most of his adult life.  I am sad for me.  Sad that I can't call him up and say Hi.  Sad that I can't have a daddy hug, sad that my favorite fishing buddy is gone.  There are so many little things that I miss.  So today, I am sad and will allow myself this feeling for a little while.  Then I will smile, wipe the tears and face today and the future head on.  Just remember if I have that sad far away look or seem a little down, I am Little Orphan Heather.....

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya, Heather. My dad passed 7 years ago on the 1st of March and I miss my dad, too. We didn't have the kind of relationship that you had with your dad. I never got hugs or really spent much time with my dad but in the end, we DID make up and I DO love and miss him big time. So I can relate and I'll be praying for you. Love always, Sharlene

    ReplyDelete